I have fallen behind on writing this blog, so I am repenting and writing a few catch-up posts.
This past fall I started taking classes again out at Mat-Su College to finish my pre-reqs before applying for a Dietetics program. So during the fall I was studying like mad for my classes and enjoying the days with D at home. My class schedule worked out great! I was able to take one class online (Music Appreciation-GE), one class in the evenings twice a week (Human Anatomy and Physiology) and one class twice a week (Technical Writing-GE). I wasn't able to do any of these classes without Tim's support on those week nights, and my brother-in-law J during the two day classes. Everyone was a trooper, putting up with me and doing homework in the wee hours of the morning, afternoons, and evenings. I got the grades I worked for, and was happy.
Tim started his teaching career at Wasilla High School as their Spanish teacher last fall and loved it! He would come home tired and worn out from the day, but he did it--he survived his first year :) He had over 200 students -60 students over the contracted amount- and did a great job teaching the kids Spanish. They had fun fiestas with delicious food and, of course, tests.
For Christmas break we all went down to Idaho to celebrate the holidays with Tim's family. I didn't realize how much I missed seeing Tim's family and all the nephews. It was such a fun trip for Tim, D and I. Before we left we started planning for the next time we would come down. Thanks to Tim's sister M and her wedding it came sooner than we anticipated:)
 |
| The Christmas tree is all ready! |
 |
| We did a little family Christmas before we went to Idaho--so we wouldn't have to haul all the presents! |
 |
| We had been traveling all day and got stuck in Seattle--so we decided to rent a car and drive down to Idaho. D was falling asleep in Tim's arms while we waited for things to work out. |
The Spring semester was similar to the Fall, only I had two online classes and only one class on campus. The big event that happened in January was Tim going to Spain for week. WorldStrides (the company used for student tours) paid his way to stay in Sevilla for 5 days. He loved it and I got to go on a little trip too before my semester started. I went to California with D to visit my good friend and old college-roommate. She was receiving her endowments (a very sacred religious ordinance in the LDS faith, done in our temples) and invited me to attend that special event. She treated us to Disney land and spending time with her fun family. D and I couldn't help but soak in the sun without seven layers of jackets! It was a great trip for D and I. Tim also loved Spain and was excited to share all the beauties from Spain.
 |
| Flying down to California to visit Christin in January! |
 |
| Last picture before Tim left for Spain and I left with D to California. |
 |
| We made it to California and it was HOT! So I bought D a pair sandals, shorts, and t-shirts. |
 |
| He has never seen any Disney shows but he loved walking everywhere! |
 |
| We squeezed in for a selfie while riding a ride together. |
 |
| D loved hanging out with my friend's older brother R. They were good buddies by the end of the trip! |
Here are some photo-highlights of Tim's trips to Spain in January and March.
 |
| The three goofy Spanish teachers in charge of the student tour. |
At the end of the Spring semester I was able to enter a presentation competition with a project that I had completed the previous semester. I presented it at a Student Showcase Conference and got third place! I received a three-credit tuition waiver - another blessing from the Lord. Also, Tim was rehired for another season at Delta and was happy to return (once school ended).
 |
| This was my certificate for getting third place and it was encased in a huge cardstock folder with a fancy star shape. |
Here are a few little highlights that don't merit a paragraph of explanation:
 |
| Our dryer broke over the winter--great timing, right? So we had to go into Anchorage to buy replacement parts, while we were there we stopped at the temple and took some pictures. It was a very chilly day--single digits and needless to say we didn't stay out there very long. |
 |
| I was given a bunch of fabric from J (family friend--more like family) and I made a bunch of bibs for D that were big enough for him. After I sewed them he would wear them around the house saying, "Mama. Cut. 'nd sew. Namana (D)." |
 |
| Getting all bundled for a sledding adventure outside! |
 |
| Post bath time in new Pajama pants that actually fit over his cloth diapers! Took me two different times to figure out the right size for him--he loved the pants and wanted to wear them all the time. It makes me feel good that he likes the things I sew for him. |
 |
| Another one of his bibs from extra fabric. He didn't want to take it off, even when we went exploring outside for rocks, mud, and sticks. Total boy. |
 |
| All spiffy for church in his new sweater. |
 |
| I went cross-country skiing with some friends. It was terribly windy in the valley so we went up into Archangel in Hatcher's Pass and it wasn't as windy, but the trails were crusty--still good fun. |
 |
| Another set of pajama pants. He is modeling them for me. When I finished them he asked/begged me to put them on him. He is a sweety-pie. |
 |
| Tim knows me too well. I am quite a tight-wad when it comes to money and so for Valentine's Day we went sledding in Hatchers Pass. Great date - cheap and adventurous! |
 |
| Proof that I went sledding with him. Love that man:) |
 |
| I learned how to make Jalapeno Cheddar bread and it came out delicious! I kind of wanted to eat the whole loaf, but I saved some for Tim. |
 |
| This kid and his smile makes me so happy. He loves to help me around the house and he loves to be with Mama. Couldn't ask for a better little one to start our family. |
 |
| Itching to get out of the house in March (Cabin fever hit sooner than anticipated). So I asked for my birthday to get a bike trailer for the kiddos. We had no snow for awhile and it was a warm winter day, so we bundled everyone up and went for a bike ride in the middle of March. The kids loved it! (My niece M and D are about 1.5 weeks apart in age and pretty tight buddies. Cousin are the best!) |
 |
| Before Tim left for Spain in March, (taking students this time) we went on a fun date. He learned how to Cross-country ski. My friend Michelle watched Dom and we went for an hour or two and enjoyed the fresh snow! I love Alaska! |
 |
| Tim is dealing with me and my need to get outside, even when it is cold! |
 |
| The skiis were jammed in our little Mercedes. But hey--it worked! |
 |
| Tim snapped this photo of D when they went shopping. He cracks me up! |
 |
| Random family impromptu picture-turned out great! |
 |
| Tim was asked to handle the audio for the community Messiah concert and D wanted to help. |
 |
| Enjoying time with Papa in the evenings right before bed, and wearing his little Mickey ears from Disney Land. |
 |
| Tim was able to get Symphony tickets for my birthday. We attended the season finale - Beethoven's 9th Symphony. I had missed live music and how beautiful it sounds in a concert hall! |
 |
| All the musicians are setting up! |
 |
| For General Conference I made some Raspberry Scones just for fun and they were a hit! I guess we will make it a tradition. |
 |
| Another pair of pajama pants. He loved these ones the most because they had trains, trucks, and helicopters on them. |
 |
| Watching Conference while eating lunch. D says, "Listen a Preza Monson." (Listen to President Monson). He still says this several times daily, and every time we kneel for family prayer he insists, "Pray a Monson,". |
 |
| We also did a little Easter egg hunt for cousin M and D. He loved opening up the eggs and finding a little piece of candy (we took all the candy away but he kept the enjoyment of opening up all the eggs). |
 |
| Flying down to M's wedding (Tim's youngest sister). D and I flew the day before Tim so he could work. The plan didn't work out too well because D and I got stuck in Seattle, and Tim left work early to come rescue us. Seattle doesn't really like us... |
 |
While being stuck in Seattle, D and I found a beautiful park. So we played there so I could keep my sanity.
|
 |
| The day of M's wedding and all dressed up in the colors. Such a good wedding. |
 |
| M and N after the Sealing ceremony (LDS marriage ceremony). It was probably the most windy day to have a wedding yet there were over 30 weddings that day! |
 |
| They are back from Africa!! |
Now it is summer time, my parents and two younger siblings are back from Africa and life is good.
Comments
Post a Comment