I seem to have fallen behind with the family blog posts, so here is me catching up! During the second half of the summer, the Halls had some fun adventures. Here are some highlights of those adventures:
1. Irene's Marathon Race:
I started training in January and finally completed my first marathon with the time of 4:15:30. The race was in Anchorage, starting at Bartlett High and ending in a park down town. On the day of the race it was raining cats and dogs--the hardest rain I had seen all summer long.
During the race, around mile 14, the rain let up to a drizzle. Tim, my sister Chrissy, and the babies supported me throughout the race with funny signs like, "Chinese Proverb say, 'faster run, faster done'" and, "Run, Irene, Run!". What a great support group. Around mile 19 I was getting a little tired, but I kept going, not stopping to walk. Miles 22-26 lasted forever but I finished to the end! Here are some photos of the end and physical injuries received from running:
 |
| Waiting for the race to start! My face looks a little angry but I wasn't, just tired. |
 |
| Coming in to give Tim my rain jacket. |
 |
| Handing the jacket off and trying to be quick! |
 |
| Waiting for me at the first check point! |
 |
| Some awesome signs from Tim |
 |
| Chrissy with a racer at the marathon |
 |
| While I was running--they went shopping at Target |
 |
| Finally finished! Dominic did not let me put him down once I held him. |
 |
| My ankle was hurting throughout the whole race and this is why... |
 |
| The blood soaked through my sock and it still isn't fully out of my sock |
2. Mini Family Reunion:
In August I went down to Utah with Dominic to enjoy a small family reunion before my parents left for Africa. We stayed at a World Mark in Wolf Creek, UT. During our time there, we played in the pool, played fun games, and ate lots of food. One of the main highlights of the trip was going to the Ogden Temple open house. It was remodeled and looked beautiful inside! Here are some photos of the trip:
 |
| Going hiking with the family. He insisted on walking the trail by himself. |
 |
| All of us at the Open House |
 |
| Dominic and Rosy holding hands while in the car. |
|
|
3. We decided to go to the State Fair one day and here are the fun pictures:
 |
| Dominic loved seeing the animals. He even tried to pet them! |
 |
| He also enjoyed sucking on all the bars |
 |
| We did the petting zoo and Dominic wouldn't touch the animals. |
|
|
4. Mom, Dad, Mariah and Sam left for Ghana, Africa:
 |
| And they are off until April! |
Comments
Post a Comment