It has been awhile since I last blogged about the Hall's adventures, so I just want to highlight 5 fun events that occurred and (of course) share some ridiculously cute photos of Dom.
1. Tim ran the Top of Utah Marathon (Logan, Utah)! This was the second time he ran it, and he loved it all over again. The marathon starts up in a canyon and comes into town around mile 17. Tim says that the first 14 miles are so beautiful and are gently down hill (who doesn't like running downhill?). Dominic and I saw him pass us around mile 17 and he was still going strong! The marathon ends in a local park with a nice cool creek running right down the center. After the marathon, Tim got a free massage and sat in the creek for about 10 minutes.
That creek must have done the trick because the next week he wasn't sore at all, which is rather amazing! After running 26.2 miles your leg muscles should be a bit sore. Most people stagger instead of walking for the first day or so after the marathon.
While we were in Logan we stayed with my brother, his wife, and little baby girl. It was a fun evening chatting and just relaxing. Right before we left we compared the size of Rosy (their little girl) and Dom. Now granted, they are about 5-6 weeks apart in age, but there was a vast difference in head size. Dominic just has a big head. But hey, at least he still looks cute!
 |
| Tim running towards Dom and I at mile 17. Unfortunately Dom was alseep. Way to cheer on Dad! |
 |
Here are Rosy and Dom (cousins). Look at those hands!
|
2. Tim took his English Praxis Exam early last Saturday morning in Pocatello, and got a "raw" score of 98. He passed with flying colors (we think) but is now awaiting the final score. He has passed all of his Praxis tests and doesn't have to take anymore! (The testing center wouldn't let me take a picture of him taking a test...weird.)
3. I ran my first official 5K race in Rigby, Idaho. The theme was Zombie vs. Survivor, and so I had to sign up for the Zombies team. It was really fun! They started the Survivors first, and then a minute later the Zombies started. Lots of people dressed up, however I was too cold to dress up as a Zombie.
I was able to run it with my friends from the ward, Michelle and Bryanna. The race was a loop through a beautiful neighborhood with large exquisite homes and fields. My time was 27 minutes, which isn't very fast, but it's a good place to start after having a baby.
 |
| Right before the race. Dominic looks really thrilled! |
 |
| Sending Mom off! |
 |
| The race has started. Look at those Zombies! |
 |
| He slept the whole race. Are you noticing a trend with his race-time naps? |
 |
| Victory after the race! |
 |
| Me, Michelle, and Bryanna! It was a fun run. |
 |
| Homemade signs - I am so lucky! |
4. Dominic turned 5 months old! Where did the time go?! He is such a joy to our family; He loves to smile, laugh, grab, roll over, and talk. The newest thing that he loves to do is watch us eat. Now you might not think that is a big deal, but he watches us like a hawk watches its prey. When Tim takes a drink of water from his cup, Dominic follows the whole motion from the table to the mouth. It makes dinner interesting.
5. I competed in my first triathlon this last week. It was so enjoyable! I loved every moment of it. The distances for the triathlon were
- 300 meter swim
- 6 mile bike ride
- 1.5 mile run
The distances obviously weren't very long, but it was a good start for students who have never done one before. In two weeks the school is sponsoring another triathlon, but it is twice the distance in every event. Hopefully I can get some time in for training and compete in that race. My total time was 44:03, and when I finished I was the second fastest girl - but the results are still not posted so we will see what the final places are!
Tim was a champ that morning of the race. He had come home from his night shift, slept for two hours and then got up to come to my race. Before my race he started the laundry, cleaned the apartment, took a shower, dressed Dominic for the day, and then sprinted over to the start of my race. He cheered me on with home made signs and even ran with me for a little bit. He was so helpful that day!
 |
| Starting the race! |
 |
| The biking portion of the race. The school didn't have enough bikes for everyone to use so they used the fitness center bikes. |
 |
| Sprinting it in at the end. |
 |
| Triathlon completed. I was trying to catch my breath while making the victory pose. It didn't work out too well. |
The Hall's are loving life and are excited for the holiday season to really begin!
Comments
Post a Comment