California Trip

This last weekend, Tim, Dominic and I all went down to California with our friends the Adams Family (not a joke, though funny) to see and celebrate the wedding of Carl and Katie! Carl Adams has been one of Tim's best friends since they were little kids. It was our first time going to California as a family, and it was busy. We started the drive Wednesday morning around 6 am and arrived in Danville, CA around 8 pm.  The ride down wasn't as bad as I thought it would be because Dominic did great and we had wonderful company the whole way down.

Once we got to California we did all the fun wedding set-up, socializing, and eating that occurs at every wedding. It was a little difficult for Dominic with the constant busyness, but he was a trooper.

This is Dominic the night before the wedding. He was pretty tired from all the hard work he did that day...
On Saturday, Carl and Katie were sealed in the Oakland, California Temple for time and all eternity. But before they were sealed, we were able to explore the grounds of the temple. We found a beautiful overlook of the city. As we took pictures, we had to look out for other couples taking wedding photos. There were 19 sealings that day!

The Oakland Temple was beautiful! I wish I had gotten a picture of the front with all the water features.

This was the overlook of the city. It is hard to see in the photo but there were tons of houses. 

Look how grown up we are!
A quick side note to the story...
When we got to California, Tim asked me if I had brought my temple recommend. Of course I had forgotten it! But we were able to get my recommend to the temple and I was able to attend the sealing. That was a big blessing! Another blessing was that the bridesmaids watched Dominic while Tim and I went to the sealing. I admit I have had a hard time letting other people watch Dominic without Tim or I there, but I mustered up the courage and left him for a bit. If I am having a hard time letting someone watch Dominic for less than 45 minutes, I can only imagine the hard time of sending Dominic off to school!

But anyways, the sealing was wonderful. It was so sweet to remember when Tim and I were sealed and the joy I felt that day. What a happy occasion! After the ceremony, lots of pictures were taken. Here are some fun photos of the groomsmen and Carl (they are two rapid-fire pictures):

I am amazed that none of them hit each other when jumping.

You always have to have a jumping photo when you get married, right?
After the wedding, we attended the luncheon and reception. The reception was held in Katie's backyard and it was a great location for lots of family, friends, and dancing. The groomsmen and Carl performed a funny dance as a surprise to Katie. I wish I had taken photos of it or at least filmed it but you'll have to take my word that it was hilarious and fun. After Katie and Carl left, we headed back to the hotel tired and ready for sleep.

The next day, after church we went sight seeing around San Francisco. I was astounded at the traffic; I was sure glad that I wasn't driving.  We went to Golden Gate Park, the ocean, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Here are some photos of the fun:

This band was playing in the park with benches for people to come listen. 

It was rather misty while we were there at the ocean but Tim decided to jump in. Last week we watched Shark Week on Discovery and all I could think about was him getting eaten...This was enhanced by the dolphin fins that we could see popping up around him in the water!
While we were in San Francisco we saw two fully naked men walking down the side walk. That was a shocker! I'm glad I only saw it for a brief second and that it was only the backside. Apparently San Francisco has a law that says you can be naked in public and that it isn't public indecency. At least that's what someone said in our traveling party, but hey, whatever floats their boat! I'm just glad I live in Idaho where it is usually too cold to be naked...
Dominic was testing out the water. It seemed a little fishy to him.

He didn't mind the sand in between his toes, though. 

As the (relatively) large wave started coming towards us, Dominic became concerned.

Bracing for impact...

Yeah, he didn't care too much for the big wave. It was a little much.

We couldn't see the bridge all day because of the fog, but as we started to drive across it cleared up!
 The next day we headed home to Idaho. It was a quick, busy, but an enjoyable trip!


Comments