Irene's Graduation

Well this is my (Irene) first blog post so you will have to excuse me if I am not as talented in writing as Tim.

But I did it! I graduated!

But not completely. My ultimate goal is to get a bachelor's in dietetics and become a registered dietitian.  I love learning about nutrition and the human body.  But because I was pregnant with Dominic, BYU-Idaho didn't have a dietetics program, and I wouldn't finish the same time as Tim, I decided to just get my Associates degree in General Studies instead of no degree at all.

Later down the road when Tim goes to school to get his Master's degree (hopefully at Utah State), I will do the dietetics program there. I won't need to do any of their general education classes because I already have my Associates degree, so now I just wait for when Tim gets his Master's degree.

Tim and I have both heard of the excellent programs that Utah State offers both in dietetics and Instructional Development (Tim's desired program). So we are excited for the time when we can go down there and gain more education.

Anyways, enough blabber and here are the photos of graduation:
Getting ready to walk. I walked with my Sister-in-law Kara, she received her Bachelor's degree in University Studies. I was glad to have a walking buddy that I knew;)


Tim has always supported me with my educational endeavors!



Look at that belly! Baby Hall was about to graduate too, only he had one more month of classes.
Official
I loved my experience at BYU-Idaho. The professors, classes, students, and everything else was amazing. I had great professors who were passionate about teaching, learning, and their field of study.  The classes I took were not only interesting and for my major but they helped improve my life and future life with family. I would love to take more classes from BYU-Idaho if there is ever an opportunity and I highly recommend everyone go to BYU-Idaho.

But I am happy to graduated and looking forward to more learning experiences.


Comments