The End of a Road

"We spent the evening together and walked in Rexburg's Porter Park. We talked and talked. We ended up sitting on a bench facing a large children's play area. I told her that I really liked her, and wanted to get to know her in a way beyond normal friendship. I told her how beautiful she was to me, and how I felt we shared so many of the same dreams...The feeling was comfortable, trusting, honest, and sincere. It was not awkward in the least. I told her I wanted to date her. I shared my view that any boy/girl relationship is on a one-way road toward marriage, and we only have to decide if we walk to that end together or not.  Surprisingly, this clear statement that I wanted to court her in order to see if we would be happy together in a marriage did not frighten her. She understood, and agreed."

- Excerpt from Tim's personal journal: October 21, 2011

While Irene would disagree with the statement, "It was not awkward in the least", she did consent to walk down that road with me and see how far we would get. As it turns out, we walked that road until it came to a door. This door...

Irene and I exit the Anchorage Alaska Temple following our sealing on July 28, 2012
For those unfamiliar with the beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe that couples united by God's authority in the Holy Temple will be bound to each other for time (our earthly lives) and for all eternity (everything after). So this door at the end of the road opened to us yet another road - one without an end.

Irene Fry and Timothy James Hall were bound to each other in the Anchorage Alaska Temple on July 28, 2012. This date has become something of a birthday both for our new family and for us as individuals. 

A birth is a transition into a new chapter or state of existence. When we added a physical body to our spiritual identity we called it birth. We were given a name to identify us in that period of our lives. People who change their lives to follow a religious creed are said to have been "born again". Our marriage was just such a transition for us. We felt raised to a new plain of existence. At first, this was disconcerting and overwhelmingly new, just as a new baby is overwhelmed by the newness of earthly life, and a convert's life is turned upside-down when he discovers his new identity as a candidate for spiritual transcendence.  


People often ask me what married life is like. I have a simple answer: Life is meant to be lived in pairs. We consider ourselves blessed to be a couple who feels confident and secure in our covenants and in our love for one another.

Enough of the talk. We know you really just want to see the pictures. Here are some, special thanks to Cat Dossett for the wonderful photography.














Irene and Tim with Irene's Grandfather, Wayne Emerson Pratt and his wife Louise. We felt so privileged to have Grandpa Pratt perform our temple sealing.

Irene's parents, Michael and Kristin Fry on the left - Tim's parents, Stephen and Valerie Hall on the right.



Calves. Can't wait to see our kids' calves...

Later that evening we had a wonderful reception in the Colony chapel near Irene's home in Palmer, Alaska. The decorations were beautiful, the guests welcome, the food delicious, and the short duration a great blessing to the tuckered-out newlyweds. So many people worked very hard to make it happen, arranging flowers, cooking food, serving, decorating, making video slide shows, etc... A huge thank-you to all of you.

Family

Bridesmaids
Groomsmen/New Brothers-in-law

Beautiful Alaska










I've never met a woman who loves and respects her father more than Irene. This last dance with him was a very special moment.

I love my mom. She's a pretty good dancer as well!

I wrote a song for Irene (finishing it at 2:00 am the morning of the wedding). I sang it to her at the reception. If you're wondering where she is, she's across the room listening where no one would be looking at her.








Driving Dad Fry's car away from the reception. See how light it is outside? Its 8:30 pm. That is Alaska for you!




Comments